Sunday, February 20, 2011

Write each character’s experience from a first-person point of view

A new student:

And the headmaster droned on about the school’s latest achievements, which put more stress on my shoulders to perform. Thoughts filled by head. I have always wanted to come here and study. It was a prestigious school, and only the best of the best was given the chance to come here. As I sat on the bench, the headmaster called us to recite the four pillars. My father called me to stand up and I did, but being a new student, I had no idea what the four pillars were. I stood there and looked around. I have a lot to learn about this school….

A parent:

The headmaster listed a whole list of achievements, which has thoroughly impressed me. I looked at my son. He worked hard to get into this school, and I am proud of it. It is not easy to enter this prestigious school. The very fact my child is here is because he is gifted, and I believe so. He is the cream of the crop. “Please recite the four pillars,” the head master announced. The students stood up and I called my dear son to stand up too, as he was a student too, but seeing that no one else was standing up, I realized I made a mistake, and he sat down again…

No comments:

Post a Comment