Sunday, February 13, 2011

Write a 200 word long description of the photo you chose last week

A strong wind blew and the trees swayed in unison. The lush green trees surrounded it just like they were protecting it. This is Hwa Chong’s Swimming Complex.

Whenever I look at the pool, it never ceases to captivate me. The water is always so inviting, be it on a hot burning afternoon or freaking cold day. This place is a haven to me.

Almost every afternoon, you will see water polo players swimming in the pool, like a shoal of fish, coming out to the surface once in a while to take in some air before going into the water again.

When there is a game, the place will turn into a coliseum, with the gladiators below, fighting their hearts out in the pool and the spectators on the second floor, shouting out in joy and going hysteria. The coach will be at the side of the pool, screaming out their commands.

When all come to an end, the place returns to its tranquil state. A strong wind continues to blow, and the trees continue to sway in unison.

That is Hwa Chong Swimming Complex, my paradise on Earth.

4 comments:

  1. I think that this is a very good post. It describes the Hwa Chong Swimming Complex really well. Also, I like how you include you feelings for this place and how you describe it at the end as your "paradise on Earth". I feel that instead of using "freaking cold day", you should change to word to extremely as freaking may be offensive or a slang.

    Darren Lim (14)(2A1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alastair, I agree that the Hwa Chong Swimming Complex is exactly like you describe. However, why is this particular place so special to you? There are many other places in the school that have their unique features, like the library or the street soccer court. You did not explain the exact reason for the Hwa Chong Swimming Complex to be a spacial place to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alastair, you described the Hwa Chong Swimming Complex so vividly that I could imagine it. You managed to change a plain swimming pool into a coliseum, describing the water polo as gladiators, fighting to the death to get a point. A coliseum is a place where blood is shed but you said it was your paradise on Earth. Could you explain this irony in this blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloysius, he is trying to mean that although they are 'fighting to the death' for victory, it is fun to him and he enjoys it, making it his paradise on Earth. If I described taking blood tests as vampires sucking my blood but I knew that the tests would help me, does it mean that I enjoy having vampires suck my blood because it would help? Your comment just goes to show your lack of reading and understanding of creative language.

    ReplyDelete