Saturday, January 29, 2011

My favourite place in Hwa Chong


My favourite part of Hwa Chong Institution is the Hwa Chong Swimming Complex.

The place means a lot to me as I am in water polo. I have go there practically three times a week to train. After being there for more than a year, it is like a second home to me.

I like the food at the poolside cafĂ©. It has my all time favourite friend rice. When I am with my polo teammates, we don’t talk about homework. We will chat about the online games we play during leisure.

Every time when I look at the pool from the overhead bridge, my mind will be filled with all the fond memories of the fun I had with my polo mates. It has healing effects on me. I feel relaxed.

The swimming pool always reminds me of the vigorous training we had before each competition and also about how hard we played to bring proud to Hwa Chong. It goes with my motto of giving my best in whatever I do and not giving up so easily.

The swimming pool is built with generous donations from the old Hwa Chong boys, and I always remind myself that just like them, I will contribute back to Hwa Chong after I graduate from here. I believe strongly in returning kindness for kindness. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very meaningful blog post and also, the content is similar to mine. I am glad to know that you also feel relaxed whenever you go for training. However, unlike you, I do not really like the food at the poolside cafe and normally go to the school canteen to eat. Also, although those training sessions before competitions were quite vigorous, I think that they were worth it. Lastly, I also feel proud to have a team mate like you who is willing to do his best in during training to do Hwa Chong proud and also willing to contribute back to our school when you grow up. All the way, our goalie!

    ReplyDelete