Monday, April 18, 2011

Descriptive essay on pictures of war

I looked around. It was an old and war-torn place. Buildings had cracks on them and the place was silent. Too silent for my liking. There was hardly anyone, the only people here are 3 men dragging an unconscious old man across the street. They looked anxious. Very anxious. The opposition here might have hit the man. Doesn’t look good at all, with scars and blood all over his jacket. Passers-by looked on. There was nothing they could do; the man was going to die anyways. I have seen too much of this happening since the war. Not that I was scared I would become one of them one day, but because I was disgusted. We were all Germans. Even if I didn’t know him or her, a German down would evoke that sense of disgust and feeling that I had to do something. Something to chase those pesks in our homeland away.

I looked around in the dilapidated place. It was like a black and white scene. It was all so sad, so dark and gloomy. No one could live a peaceful life here when there was war. Even a place which evoke memories and good times might turn into the place you had a last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment